TRAMTelephone Retirees Association of Manitoba

General Instructions


  1. Attend MTS sponsored Retirement Seminar.
  2. Consult with a Financial Planner. Limited consulting is available through LifeWORKS (866-947-7522) as a part of the EAP.
  3. If you are planning to commute your pension to a Locked in Retirement Plan BE SURE to consult with a qualified independent (fee for service) Financial Planner.
  4. Determine if you want to continue Blue Cross coverage.
  5. Contact your HR person.
  6. Contact Services Canada (800-277-9914) to start receiving your CPP between the ages of 60 and 70. Contact them 6 to 11 months prior to the date you want to start CPP.
  7. Contact Services Canada (800-277-9914) 6 to 11 months prior to your 65th birthday to start receiving your OAS or to defer it up until your 70th birthday.
  8. Enjoy your retirement!